Del Markward has owned and operated Markward Group since 1995 as a real estate consulting, advisory, and brokerage firm. He has worked for some of the largest companies in the world, including IBM, CIGNA, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Microsoft, GE, GM, Chrysler, Dun and Bradstreet, amongst many others.
Some samples of the body of work he has completed include:
- Sale of closed and excess properties of Mack Trucks International
- Disposition of second generation data centers for Cigna
- National and Regional Office expansion projects for IBM
- Creation of regional warehouse and logistics location for Georgia Pacific
- Testing and Programming Center lease for Microsoft
- Disposition of long term investment assets for Glenborough Realty Trust
- Sale of development site and project to Prologis
- Relocation of distribution centers for Pepsi
- Relocation and logistics consulting for Uline
Markward Group focuses on providing expert business advice to corporations, local businesses, developers, and investors alike. Clients seek out Markward Group’s expertise in not only real estate matters but also on financial and logistic infrastructure issues.
Mr. Markward is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and is currently on the Board, Executive Committee, and is Global Treasurer. He also has been elected to be President of the organization for 2018. The SIOR network provides access to the brightest and most successful real estate brokers in the world, and gives access to best practices by clients and brokers in all aspects of corporate real estate.
Del also founded Caracor, LLC, a real estate development and investment firm. Caracor specializes in land development and permitting, mixed use, industrial, retail and general commercial.
Some of Caracor’s projects include:
South Heidelberg Industrial Park – located in the Reading, PA area, South Heidelberg Industrial Park was a tract of farmland where the long-time owner was looking to re-position his land for retirement. Caracor contracted the land and received all local and state approvals for subdivision into a 115 acre industrial park. Today the park contains seven large industrial buildings with over 300,000 SF and users employing over 200 people in various industries.
- 5 Dutch Court – Caracor, along with a local builder/partner, developed and leased a 68,000 SF multi-tenant building in S. Heidelberg and is currently a partner in the facility.
Quakertown Interchange Corporate Center – located at the ramp on the Quakertown Turnpike interchange, Caracor contracted land-locked acreage and negotiated access to the site via private property owners, PADot, and the PA Turnpike Commission. After several years of negotiating the approval process, QICC was constructed by Caracor including all new roads, utilities, and storm water management systems.
- CFC Logistics - Caracor consulted with and developed for the Clemens Family Corporation and Hatfield Meats a 250,000 SF freezer building fronting on the Turnpike. This facility featured state of the art freezer systems and food radiation capabilities.
- Catellus/Prologis/Georgia Pacific – Caracor developed and designed the site for the ultimate 985,000 SF Georgia Pacific distribution facility immediately off the Turnpike entrance. The facility also has room to grow by another 180,000 SF. The property was sold to the world’s largest industrial REIT, Prologis, for future growth.
Village of Caramoor – Caramoor is a master-planned community conceived and developed by Caracor in Macungie, PA, outside of Allentown consisting of 115 active adult homes, a 90 bed assisted living, McDonalds, a CVS drug store, a multi-tenant 30,000 SF retail strip center, and stand-alone PNC Bank, and a 15,000 SF medical office building. The property is 100% sold out.
Richland Commerce Center – a 123 acre master planned industrial park, RCC required significant utility upgrades and a lengthy approval process to become a reality. Today it has several significant industrial users employing over 120 people in various industries, with additional land available for growth.
Woodside Residential – developed in partnership, Woodside is a 130 acre high end residential project consisting of large homes (2-3 acres lots and 4000+ SF homes) outside of Easton PA. The project was co-developed and sold to Toll Brothers as an improved and approved tract.
Village of Caralea - Caralea was developed by Caracor as a 55+ community until the real estate downturn, at which time Caracor petitioned the township to revise zoning which was changed to allow non-age restricted townhomes. This 54 unit project turned out to be a rousing success with its high end landscaping and attractive designs, and was sold out within 18 months.
Former Thomson Manufacturing Facility – Caracor, in partnership with New Boston Fund, purchased and renovated the 500,000 SF facility converting the manufacturing floor into an open-spaced, warehouse property. Renovations included a new roof, new dock positions and doors, renovated floors, new lighting throughout, new sprinklers, paint and a renovated 750,000 gallon water tank for fire suppression.
Milford Village – Caracor is co-developing this site with Plexus on behalf of Lifequest and the site is located in Quakertown, PA. Milford Village is a 216 acre master planned community including medical, senior housing, at-market housing and retail. This site is anchored by the Lifequest Nursing Center and Lifespan Child Care Center. St. Lukes Hospital has purchased 30 acres of the site to construct a 100 bed hospital, medical office, and a cancer center. Plans include the building of a 120 unit assisted living facility, a 40 bed dementia/memory care building, two (2) 225 unit congregate care independent living complexes, over 300 open market apartments, 75 townhomes and cottages, two (2) 45,000 SF retail centers, a banquet hall, and several restaurants.
Mr. Markward is a graduate of Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA and LaSalle College High School.
Del is married to Maureen and has 2 children, Dutch and Cara.