Deal Center: Behind the Deal
TRANSACTION TYPE & DETAILS
Date: February 21, 2020
Transaction Type: Investment Sale
Property Type: Industrial
Size: 5,500,000 sq. ft
Chuck Salley, SIOR, and Dave Mathews, SIOR, worked with Reger Holdings for nearly a decade to build the portfolio by acquiring properties across South Carolina, as well as one in Charlotte that needed improvements. For the buildings outside of the Columbia, SC region, they brought in SIORs and Colliers team members from the property’s nearby office to be the co-listing brokers. They worked with a project management team to improve the buildings, making them desirable for tenants. These efforts brought the portfolio to 83% leased with an average occupancy term of 7.7 years, prior to its sale to Weston.
- Bring to market an industrial portfolio consisting of 37 properties, 57 tenants, and 5.5 million square feet across 16 counties in South Carolina and 1 in North Carolina.
- Maximize exposure of the portfolio, offering to identify every possible qualified purchaser worldwide.
- Sold by Reger Holdings, LLC and purchased by Weston, Inc.
- On the market for 10 months.
- The leasing and marketing team utilized the Real Capital Markets platform to disseminate information to qualified buyers.
- Over 100 companies executed the confidentiality agreement and six finalists traveled to South Carolina for multi-day portfolio tours.
- According to Costar, the transaction volume accounts for the largest dollar volume single acquisition of properties within South Carolina since it began keeping records.
- After the transaction closed, Weston hired Colliers International | South Carolina and LCK to handle brokerage, marketing, accounting, property management, and project management for the portfolio. This includes a team of 40 professionals across the firm’s Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, and Spartanburg offices.
- The Colliers International industrial brokerage team in Columbia, SC was selected to market and sell the portfolio.
- The Columbia team partnered with other SIORs from Colliers offices in Greenville, Spartanburg, Charleston, and Charlotte to successfully close the deal for a very satisfied client. All offices were involved in property tours and providing information to prospective buyers.
PARTICIPANTS & INFORMATION PROVIDED BY
Rob Speir, SIOR
Garrett Scott, SIOR
Grant Miller, SIOR
Chuck Salley, SIOR
Don Moss, SIOR
Dave Mathews, SIOR
Brockton Hall, SIOR
Mark Erickson, SIOR