SIOR offers membership in a number of categories around the world, including:
SIOR Member Associate
Join as a Member Associate to jump start the process of earning the SIOR designation and boost your career.
SIOR Member Associates benefit from professional development, early career resources, networking with industry leaders, and opportunities to build business.
- Access SIOR’s resources and network of more than 3,100 professionals to increase business.
- Distinguish yourself early in your career as a member of the SIOR community.
- Gain exposure to top-producing brokers while opening doors and creating opportunities.
- Benefit from a structured mentorship and guidance program led by current SIORs.
- Learn from relevant and timely education programs tailored for brokers seeking greater success.
- Receive discounted fees to attend World Conferences and Designation Courses.
Member Associate responsibilities:
- Progressively work for a maximum of six years towards qualification to apply for the SIOR designation.
- Meet regularly with a mentor and report progress towards qualification.
- Attend World Conferences and Chapter events.
- Complete the Core Components of Commercial Brokerage coursework.
- Demonstrate progress by meeting one year’s GFI requirement by the end of year three.
How do I become an SIOR Member Associate?
SIOR Designation – Active Individual Membership
The SIOR designation is a professional achievement for highly qualified commercial real estate practitioners with a strong transactional history in brokerage, fee-based services, or executive management.
SIOR Designees are:
- The most qualified, successful, and experienced – the best of the best.
- Specialists in industrial and office markets.
- Top producers recognized by developers, lenders, and investors.
The SIOR designation is granted in one of six specialist categories:
- Industrial – transaction specialist
- Office – transactions specialist
- Industrial & Office (Dual) – transaction specialist
- Sales Management – manages at least 10 sales or leasing agents
- Executive Management – manages at least 100 agents in three or more offices
- Advisory Services – consultant or advisory practitioner
How do I earn the SIOR designation?
Associate Membership – Organizational Membership
Organizations with a vital interest in corporate real estate services and industrial or office development comprise SIOR's Associate membership. Delegates cannot practice third-party brokerage.
SIOR Associate Members are:
- Organizations with a vital interest in corporate real estate services and industrial or office development that do not practice third party brokerage.
- Developers; corporations leasing, buying, and owning real estate; educational institutions; and general practitioners who want to provide services and do business with SIOR designees.
Associate Membership is granted in one of four categories:
- Developer - companies that develop industrial and/or office real estate facilities.
- Corporate - companies that own/buy/lease significant amounts of industrial and/or office real estate primarily for their own occupancy.
- Educator - accredited educational institutions offering degree programs in real estate.
- General – companies that are involved in industrial and/or office real estate other than third-party brokerage. Examples include accounting/financial firms, engineering firms, economic development agencies, architectural firms, and more.
How do I become an Associate Member?