John M. Adams is a Principal with Avison Young’s Knoxville office, formerly a Principal at
Cushman & Wakefield | Cornerstone. John specializes in the leasing and sale of office properties.
A Knoxville native, he graduated on the National Dean's List from the University of Tennessee in
2001 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, majoring in finance. During his
tenure at Cornerstone, John received the 2013 East TN CCIM/Knoxville Business Journal “Deal of
the Year” award for his work in matching a developer to 23-acre long vacant hospital site on
Knoxville’s south waterfront—a deal that will have a significant impact on Knoxville as the plan
includes development of apartments, student housing, retail and office space in a location that will
be the linchpin for the city’s waterfront revitalization efforts.
John is active in several local organizations as well as local chapters of national organizations.
Acting as the President of the Middle and East Tennessee SIOR Chapter, John is active in
seeking the best practice and interface for presenting in the ever-changing, advancing commercial
real estate world.
• Leadership Knoxville
• Greater Knoxville “40 Under 40” Honoree (2010)
• Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) – Office Specialist
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) – East Tennessee
• SIOR Digital Media & Communications Committee Chair (2014-2015)
• SIOR Eastern TN Board of Directors (2012-2016)
• Knoxville Area Association of Realtors Board of Directors (2014-2016)
• Knoxville Business Journal / East TN CCIM “Deal of the Year” Award Winner (2013) & (2015)
• East TN CCIM President (2008)
• East TN CCIM President of the Board of Directors (2009)
• Knoxville Area Association of Realtors Commercial MLS Chair (2010 & 2012)
• Nucleus Knoxville Board President (2010)
• Big Brothers, Big Sisters Board (2010-2012)
• Knoxville Area Association of Realtors “Realtor of the Year” (2012)
• CoStar Power Broker (2011-2015)
• Licensed Real Estate Broker- Tennessee
• UT Alumni Association
• UT Berkshire Hathaway Association
• Salvation Army volunteer
• University of Tennessee
-B.S./Business Administration and Finance
Areas of Practice
- Tenant Representation
- Corporate Services
76,230 sq. ft. space
Knoxville, TN - June 1, 2018
24,250 sq. ft.
Athens, TN - June 1, 2018
15,611 sq. ft.
Lafollette, TN - May 21, 2018
95,724 sq. ft.
Knoxville, TN - December 5, 2017
25,125 sq. ft.
Knoxville, TN - October 12, 2017
Blue Ridge Realty, Inc.
61,688 sq. ft.
Justin represented Cooper Realty Investments
John represented Cooper Realty Investments
Knoxville, TN - November 2, 2015
|Committee||Committee Role||Begin Date||End Date
|Office Working Group||Vice Chair||2/1/2015||1/1/2020
|Member Coalition Council||Member||12/1/2017||12/31/2019
|Tenant Rep and Corporate Services Member Group||Member||1/1/2018||12/31/2018
|Communications and Branding Committee||Chair||10/1/2016||9/30/2018
|Membership Standards & Admissions Committee||Member||11/1/2015||10/31/2017
|Group Tax Exemption||Member||10/1/2015||9/30/2017
|Chapter Leadership Council||Member||10/1/2015||9/30/2017
|Non Dues Revenue Committee||Member||1/1/2016||12/31/2016
|Non Dues Revenue Committee||Member||1/1/2015||12/31/2015
|Chapter Leadership Council||Member||10/1/2013||9/30/2015
|Committee Council Leadership||Chair||10/1/2014||9/30/2015
|Group Tax Exemption||Member||10/1/2013||9/30/2015
|Young Professionals||Vice Chair||10/23/2012||10/23/2014
|Technology Committee|| ||10/1/2011||10/1/2013
Viewing past 5 years committees |