Contact: Alexis Fermanis, SIOR Director of Communications | email@example.com
SIOR Announces Top Transactions of 2016
WASHINGTON, DC - April 4, 2016 - The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) is pleased to announce its Top Transactions Award Winners of 2016. The Top Transaction Awards list is a compilation of the largest sales and lease transactions, ranked by dollar value, completed by SIOR members throughout the world. The awards were derived from nearly 650 SIOR members who reported close to 2,000 transactions totaling more than USD $8.6 billion in leases and sales in categories including: industrial; investment; office; land; alternative assets; associate; and redevelopment.
The largest transaction of 2016, both by dollar volume and square footage, was completed by Mark D. Detmer SIOR, CCIM, and Bo Mills, SIOR, both of JLL, who arranged the $240 million sale of a 2,079,080 square-foot industrial space in Los Angeles. This transaction won the largest Member to Member industrial and investment categories.
“SIOR could not be more proud of our 2016 top transaction winners, a diverse group of brokers whose respective and collective efforts reflect the extraordinary year our organization has had,” said Geoffrey Kasselman, SIOR’s Global President. “The recognized members have distinguished themselves as industry leaders and experts, and I congratulate them for their tremendous achievements. SIOR’s reputation as both a profound industry thought-leader and influencer is further enhanced by the extraordinary creativity, collaboration, and overall accomplishment represented by this list of top transactions.”
The three next largest transactions among the award winners all exceeded $80 million:
- Jim Kerrigan, SIOR, of North American Data Centers arranged the $104 million sale of a 962,000-square-foot industrial space in Nashville;
- Kenneth G. Block, SIOR, CCIM of Block Real Estate Services, arranged the $94 million sale of an 806,864-square-foot office space in Kansas City, Missouri; and
- Mark D. Maguire, SIOR, of Colliers International, who was also named SIOR’s Rookie of the Year, arranged the $82.8 million sale of a 363,050-square-foot / 22 acre industrial space in Oakland.
In addition to the Top Transaction Awards, SIOR recently announced its Top 100 Office Transactions list of 2016. The top 100 list — which in the aggregate represents more than 12,343,138 in square feet — ranks the largest office transactions by square feet, completed by SIOR members during calendar year 2016.
The largest office sale transaction, both by dollar volume and square footage, was Block’s 806,864-square-foot office space sale in Kansas City for $94 million.
The Top 10 Office Transactions on the list also included:
- Robert Horn, SIOR, of JLL, arranged a 756,000-square-foot office property transaction in Holland, MI;
- Rico Pietro, SIOR, of Cushman and Wakefield, arranged a 585,000-square-foot office property transaction in Cleveland;
- Neil Merin, SIOR, CCIM, of NAI Merin Hunter Codman, arranged a 447,667-square-foot office property transaction in West Palm Beach, FL;
- Benton Benalcazar, SIOR, of The Robert Weiler Company, arranged a 375,034-square-foot office property transaction in Cincinnati;
- Susan Gregory, SIOR, Michael Rosendin, SIOR, CCIM, Jeffry Nochimson, SIOR, and Martin Morici, SIOR, all of Colliers International, arranged a 365,502-square-foot office property transaction in San Jose, CA;
- Frank Hird, SIOR, of O,R&L Commercial, arranged a 286,713-square-foot office property transaction in New Haven, CT;
- Dandridge Adamski, SIOR, CCI, of JLL, arranged a 268,271-square-foot office property transaction in Pittsburgh;
- Barbara Johnson, SIOR, CCIM, and Vic Galanis, SIOR, both of CBRE, arranged a 255,494-square-foot office property transaction in Salt Lake City;
- Stuart Mackey, SIOR, CCIM, of Coldwell Banker Commercial Hathaway Group, arranged a 247,067-square-foot office property transaction in Little Rock, AL.
For a complete list of the 2016 SIOR Transaction Awards, click here. You can also view the list of the Top 10 Office Leases and the Top 10 Office Sales.