Mike White has over twenty years of experience in manufacturing and industrial real estate and is recognized as having reached the upper echelons of his industry. Having earned the prestigious SIOR and CCIM designations, Mike is also a Fellow In Industrial Real Estate, awarded by the Industrial Asset Managers Council (IAMC). Mike’s educational accomplishments place him within the top 1% of all licensed real estate professionals nationwide. Mike’s expertise with industrial real estate, particularly along the U.S.-Mexico border region, provides his clients with a trusted advisor in a foreign land. Mike White is a leader and entrepreneur and the firms he has founded continue to thrive in a difficult economy.
A 1983 graduate of West Point, Mike served as a U.S. Army officer in Military Intelligence for ten years and was awarded a Meritorious Service Medal for his activities in support of Operation Desert Storm. Mike served as a Soviet Air Threat Analyst in the Directorate of Combat Developments and gained wide acclaim in the intelligence community for his numerous briefings, technical writings and support of new missile systems. With presentations in tow, his travels brought him to numerous countries in Europe, the Middle East and Central America.
In 1988, Mike was hired by the legendary Sergei Sikorsky of the Sikorsky Aircraft Company in Stratford, Connecticut as an advanced design analytical engineer.
In March 1992, Mike White ran unsuccessfully in the Republican Party primary for the United States Congress, 16th District of Texas. He organized numerous efforts in support of the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1993, and is recognized as an expert at expanding commercial trade ties and technology transfer to Mexico.
In 1996, Texas Governor George W. Bush appointed Mike White to Chairman of the Texas Military Facilities Commission, the youngest state appointee to the Chair level, which manages 189 statewide armories and related industrial facilities.
In 2005, Mike’s firm was awarded “Service Provider of the Year” by the national publication, Site Selection Magazine. This prestigious national award was bestowed as a result of successful corporate case studies and key professional references. Under Mike’s leadership, his firm has consistently produced double-digit rates of year-to-year financial growth.
Mike has been published in Site Selection Magazine, Commercial Property News, Real Estate Forum and advised the Wall Street Journal on Mexico matters.
Mike White has personally directed the Mexico expansion requirements of Johnson & Johnson, Federal Express, Lear Corporation, Philips Electronics, Caterpillar, A.O. Smith, Robert Bosch, Federal Mogul, Cardinal Healthcare, Ryder Logistics, Werner Ladder and numerous other Fortune 1,000 corporations across northern Mexican cities.
Mike recently completed the Intermodal Transportation (Port Logistics) Professional Training Program given at the College of Charleston, South Carolina.
Mike and Alice White have been married for 20 years and have three beautiful Michaela (16), Madeline (15) and Maya (13).
Acer / Wistron
B.M. – Industria Bergamasca Mobili S.p.A.
Echostar Communications Corporation
Federal Mogul Corporation
Helen of Troy Corporation
Home Products International, Inc.
J.P. Morgan Chase
Johnson & Johnson
Philips Consumer Electronics
State Farm Insurance Corporation
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Thomson Consumer Electronics
- Published in: The Post & Courier, Charleston, SC
- Published in: The Wall Street Journal
- Published in: Site Selection Magazine
- Published in: Real Estate Forum
- Published in: Empresario Magazine
- Published in: El Paso Inc. and The El Paso Times
- Published in: Commercial Property News
- IAMC Fellow Award
- Site Selection Magazine, Service Provider of the Year
- Commercial Investment Division, CID - CTAR
- Charleston Trident Area Association of Realtors, CTAR
- Charleston Regional Development Authority, Investor Member
- Fellow in Industrial Real Estate – IAMC, Industrial Asset Managers Council (Candidate)
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Manager, Charleston Chapter
- SIOR - Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, Carolinas Chapter
- College of Charleston: Intermodal Transportation (Port Logistics) Professional Training Program
- University of Texas, El Paso: Management and Business courses, Masters level
- Army Officer Training Schools: Airborne, Air Defense, Military Intelligence
- United States Military Academy at West Point, BS Engineering, 1983
Areas of Practice
- Tenant Representation
- Brokerage Management
Carter Jonas LLP
Charleston Industrial, LLC
84,000 sq. ft.
Andrew represented Werner
Michael represented Werner
Burton upon Trent, UK, United Kingdom - October 9, 2015