Transwestern allows Tom to provide a comprehensive range of services to his clients since Transwestern’s structure is a unique hybrid of real estate brokerage and project-based consulting. Partial list of clients include: Advertising Resources International, Alfa Laval, BPG Properties, BYD America Corporation, Bridge Development Partners, Centerpoint Properties, Crane Nuclear, Kenall Manufacturing, Kinter, Opus North, LTD, PPC Industries, Powerlink Electric, Sika Sarnafil, Inc., Sitex Realty Group, Veridian Healthcare, and Visiplex.
Tom has guided clients on complex build to suit projects, chemical blending leases, portfolio management and leasing, and assisted manufacturers on material flow and municipal incentives.
• Sold 30 acres in Naperville, IL on behalf of N.A.R. Partners
• Sold 50 acres in Pleasant Prairie, WI to CenterPoint Properties
• Currently has a 53 acre site and 72 acre site under contract in Southeast WI
• Represented Kenall Mfr. in the acquisition of 35 acres in Kenosha, WI
• Sold 35 acres in Aurora, IL
• Sold several sites in Chicago Industry-Tech Park in Chicago, IL
• Represented ARI on the lease of 456k SF in Minooka, IL
• Represented Kenall Mfr. in the development of a 350k SF mfr. facility in Kenosha, WI
• Represented N.A.R. Partners on the development of a 350k SF facility for O’Reilly Auto Parts in Naperville, IL
Since 1992, Tom has managed a variety of real estate projects, originally developing low income housing in Rogers Park section of Chicago. He moved into commercial real estate and gained experience working for nationally-ranked developers The Alter Group and HSA Commercial Real Estate. Tom works primarily on projects that involve new construction and land development. Tom has completed transactions in all of Chicago’s 23 sub-markets.
• Candidate for the 2015 Industrial transaction of the year
• Candidate for the 2015 Industrial development of the year (for a separate transaction)
• Licensed Real Estate Broker in Illinois and Wisconsin
• Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), a select designation.
• Past President of the Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
• Very active in several fundraising and non-profit activities
• Founding Board Member of The Chicago Community Loan Fund and Emmaus Ministries as well as a former full-time volunteer for a few years at Covenant House, a homeless shelter for kids under the age of 21 on Times Square, in New York City.
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Association of Industrial Real Estate
Areas of Practice
- Tenant Representation
- Distribution & Logistics
- Brokerage Management
Lee and Associates
Thomas represented Rime Investments LLP
Kenosha, WI - September 22, 2017
Lee and Associates
128,296 sq. ft.
Thomas represented Horizons Window Fashions
Waukegan, IL - January 1, 2016
|Committee||Committee Role||Begin Date||End Date
|Chapter Leadership Council||Member||1/1/2019||12/31/2019
Viewing past 5 years committees |